Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Making of my iOS based game WhatZ'Odd

For past few months I have been very busy setting up my company Siddbetter Ltd(http://www.siddbetter.com). We are a gaming company and would be making mobile games.

I released first version of  my game WhatZ'Odd in App Store  on 29th Nov. This is a social game and has architecture of client-server. 
Short preview of WhatZodd:
Client is iOS device off course. 
  - Game is built in Objective C , language for Mac development. 
  - Game interacts with Server using JSON.

Servers are hosted on Amazon Web Services. 
-  EC2 servers
-  RDS MySql Database instance
-  Ejabberd Server for jabbered based chatting.


In coming few days I would be blogging about my experiences and learnings in making this game. So keep watching ...


In simple terms if I had explain what can this game do-

Hider can change the image like 2 I did for fun  -



Using a simple editor which is touch based, I added a car, cloud and man walking. 


The objects to be added are chosen for vast library we provide in the game and can be cloned, swiped to vertical/horizontal flip.


The changed image is sent to the friend and friend has to tap on image object he thinks was not in original picture.  He has 5 chances to identify the 3 right objects. 

If taps on correct object the object disappears in  puff of smoke or else the is lightning for incorrect identification.

Visit http://whatzodd.com/ to learn about the game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment